A box full of love and wonderful products!
Let's not dwell on the fact we are still staying home, but enjoy our time together! The current menu is definitely a celebration of the season, fresh asparagus, morilles mushrooms, scallops and for the regular menu a beautiful lamb.
With a fresh spring season salute from,
Thomas Kooijman “ Head Chef “, Merlijn Kemper “ Maitre d’ Restaurant “ & team Bar-Alt!
A few tips & tricks to make the dinner easier:
- A Pre-Heated oven at 180*C makes the waiting less.
- A pepper and salt mill should be within grasp
Our Current Menu:
- Amuse Bouche: Bonbon van Baba Ganoush, crème van Broccoli, vinaigrette met Broccoli, krokantje met Ras el hanout.
- Starter: Asparagus, Green asparagus with smoked salmon / Smoked Tomato mustard and Spirulina
- Optional. Extra course, Cepes mushroom filled with onion, Livar Ham, jus, Tete de moines and amsterdams vet
- optional. Extra course Carrots in orange, scallop tartare / Aubergine Caviar, onion and green herb oil
- Main Course: Lamb Lamb / Celeriac with truffle, artichoke and poached egg
- Dessert: Strawberry with rhubarb, fennel, creme fraiche and vanilla
Let's get started
Amuse Bouche: Baba Ganoush Bonbon
- Use a teaspoon to put a drop of broccoli crème on the plate
- Place the bonbon on the crème
- Pour the dressing around the Bonbon
- Finish with the crisp on top
Starter (1): Smoked Salmon / Smoked Tomato
We did our best making this dish as easy as possible, so everything is ready for plating!
- The only thing you have to do is to add the dressing and crisp with the sticker one!
First In-between (2): Scallop / Aubergine Caviar
A touch of the Middle East! The dish is enjoyed cold, so no heating of any kind!
- The kitchen has taken the liberty to dress the dish for you
- The only thing you need to add is the dressing and crisp of bread with the sticker no 2
- C'est tout!
Second In-Between (3): Cepes with Livar ham / Parsnip ham
- The Morel mushrooms are pre-cooked, you only have to heat them for 3 minutes in the oven.
- Meanwhile start heating up the sauce in a small pott.
- Let's start plating!
- The Livar / Parsnip is the base for the dish.
- The Cepes mushrooms go on top.
- The sunflower seeds are next
- The Tete de Moines and sauce are mixed on top of the plate.
- We finish with Amsterdams Vet (the salad)
Main Course (4): Lamb Terrine / Braised Celeriac & Seaweed
- The Lamb and artichoke go into the oven for 10 minutes.
- Heat a pot of water just below boiling temperature.
- Heat up the sauce in a small pot
- The pouched egg goes into the water for 3 minutes.
- The lamb and the egg should be finished simultanesly. a grind of black pepper to finish the egg.
- Let's start plating:
- The Lamb is the base for the dish.
- A dot of artichoke crème is put against the meat
- On top of the crème the crisp of Brioche
- The egg is served on the crème and covered with seaweed and a drop of olive oil.
- The marinated artichoke is put on top of the egg.
- The Truffle sauce is to finish the dish & Bon Apetit!
- The vegetarian version is exactly the same switching the lamb for celeriac.
Dessert (5): Rhubarb & Strawberry
We have combined two dessert!
- Dessert number 1:
- Start by making a 'mirror' of strawberry coulis in the middle of the plate
- the rhubarb goes on top of the coulis, topped with the fennel & fennel seeds
- The Vanilla Crème is dotted around the plate. together with some strawberries.
- Dessert number two:
- First the strawberry jelly on top of the slof
- The Cashew Crème Suisse goes on top of the Aardbei Slofje
- You only need to add the strawberries on top of the Aardbei Slofje and finish with the jelly on top.